FOR Faculty/Staff Led Groups with Faculty/Staff Participants
Wake Forest University requires all faculty or staff led groups involving faculty/staff participants to complete the forms listed below. This includes programs for group travel, research, campus recreation and international service trips. The requirement includes the College as well as the Schools of Business, Divinity, and Law and the Graduate School (Reynolda Campus ONLY).
All Group leaders must provide all required forms and information to the Center for Global Programs and Studies (GPS) before any funds for international travel will be disbursed by Wake Forest University. If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Global Programs and Studies at 336-758-5938.
- Submit the GROUP Travel Information Form for Faculty/Staff Led Groups with Faculty/Staff Participants (PDF). This form must have all the required signatures before group travel begins. Please read the GROUP International Travel Information Form carefully before signing.
- Submit the Guidelines for Faculty/Staff Directors (PDF). This form must be completed and returned to GPS. If there is more than one group leader, both must complete this form.
- Submit Submit the Faculty/Staff Assumption of Risk and Release Form. This form is required for all international travel if the international travel is voluntary or optional to your job. The form is not required if the travel is an integral and required part of your job. If you plan to travel with another person (e.g. spouse or child), the form called Assumption of Risk & Release – OTHER Travelers (PDF) must be completed for each additional person.
- Submit a list of your group participants to GPS. The list must include each participant’s full name (first, middle and last), Wake Forest ID and e-mail address.
- Submit a copy of your program itinerary with contact information to GPS. If it is not available at the time you complete your forms, you must e-mail it to GPS as soon as it becomes available.
- Purchase international travel insurance (mandatory). There are three options: HTH, iNext, and ITIC card. Although the HTH policy is more expensive, it is recommended because it includes more coverage for medical expenses (100% of reasonable expenses) as well as coverage for political security and natural disaster evacuation (see attached brochure description). The iNext and ITIC policies are less expensive but also cover fewer items. Applications and payment should be turned in to GPS.
- Ensure each of your participants completes the Faculty/Staff Assumption of Risk and Release Form (group participants do not need to do the Individual Travel form).
- Attend an international security briefing. Contact Bruce Sanspree at 336-758-3567 to schedule this mandatory meeting.
Once the complete set of Group Leader forms has been received in the Center for Global Programs and Studies, the forms will be processed and copies will be sent to Financial & Accounting Services. FAS will then be able to process claims for reimbursements.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Metcalf in the Center for Global Programs and Studies at 758-5938 or email@example.com
Group leader(s) must notify GPS of any changes in participants or to the itinerary or contact information.