The Global Laureates Academy provides a focused opportunity for students, staff, and faculty to develop global competencies through participation in academic and extra-curricular experiences. Individualized coaching ensures that participants’ activities are aligned with a particular field of study or profession, as determined by each participant’s individual needs and interests.
In the Global Laureates Academy, participants will focus on five learning threads to develop and/or enhance their global mindsets:
- Intercultural Inquiry: Interpret global events, values, and practices from multiple cultural perspectives.
- Self-Awareness: Explain how your own perspectives and experiences influence your understanding of other cultures.
- Community Interaction: Collaborate across diverse cultures and settings to address complex global challenges.
- Intercultural Communication: Negotiate intercultural interactions using appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Global Responsibility: Formulate solutions to global challenges through informed decision-making and reflection.