The Center for Global Programs & Studies is looking for current Wake students to serve as volunteer Program Assistants (PAs) for Worldwide Wake Pre-Orientation, an engaging program focused on cultural awareness and intercultural communication for globally-minded first-year students.
Responsibilities of PAs are as follows:
- Assist with welcoming international students to campus
- Transition to Worldwide Wake mode as we greet domestic and international participants
- Oversee a small group (typically 6-8) of first-year students throughout the pre-orientation experience, which includes “get to
know you” ice breakers, discussions, presentations, and team activities known as “Global Challenges”
- Spark conversation and establish a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere within your small group and Worldwide Wake as a whole
- Provide advice and personal insight to students about life at Wake Forest
- Serve as a mentor to students in your small group and remain in contact throughout the fall semester
Time Frame: Report to campus on August 16 or 17; finish with responsibilities on August 22 or 23
Deadline to apply is Sunday, February 26 at 11:59 p.m.
Questions? Contact Sandra McMullen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry. This form is no longer available.