The Global Wake Forest Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
As Global Wake Forest prepares students, faculty, and staff for intercultural experiences, we recognize that a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusivity must be at the foundation of all that we do. We strive to build and nurture an organizational culture where these fundamental values are inherent in our work ethos and where a unified commitment to our work, to each other, and to our local and global community transcends any individual role or unit. We celebrate the uniqueness of individual life experiences and appreciate how each person adds to an environment in which diverse perspectives are cultivated, valued, and prioritized. We work to build a team that comes together and utilizes its differences to make a positive impact for Global Wake Forest and the community.
Commitment to Action and Accountability:
- We strive individually and collectively to center diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in our daily work.
- To ensure that our intentions are public and clear, we have taken tangible steps and are working with internal and external Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) professionals to develop and implement a plan for change that will intersect our work on all levels and with all stakeholders.
- Working groups were created to solidify the RIDE (Realizing Inclusion Diversity and Equity) Framework as part of our work ethos.
- Working groups were formed in fall 2020 to initially focus on Transparency, Organization Climate, and Equitable Accountability
- We launched a strategic process in January 2021 to incorporate a commitment to DEI work throughout our operations.
- We are committed to recruit and hire diverse professionals who will contribute a variety of perspectives to our team.
- Our budget will continue to reflect our commitment to providing scholarships and removing barriers to access for students, faculty, and staff who want to engage with Global Wake Forest programs.
- We will continue to support students, faculty, and staff with marginalized identities and foster their participation in global programs.
- Students, faculty, and staff engaged in Global Wake Forest programs and opportunities will (at minimum) strive to reflect a diverse cohort. This will include those in leadership and advisory roles as well as participants.
- Each unit within Global Wake Forest is in the process of taking a critical and reflective eye to all programming to better align with our DEI goals.