The Center for Global Programs & Studies is looking for current Wake students to serve as volunteer Program Assistants (PAs) for Worldwide Wake Pre-Orientation, an engaging program focused on cultural awareness and intercultural communication for globally-minded first-year students.
Deadline to apply is EXTENDED to: Wednesday, March 25
Spring 2020: initial meeting tentatively set for Tuesday, 4/14, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Summer 2020: Report to campus no later than 11 a.m. on Friday, August 14th; PA training will begin that afternoon; official responsibilities will end at midnight on Tuesday, August 18th.
NOTE: Anyone selected to be an RA or an Academic Advisor will not be able to serve as a Worldwide Wake PA due to conflicts with training schedules.
Responsibilities of PAs include:
- Greet first-year participants at residence halls and help carry personal belongings to rooms.
- Participate in all activities as scheduled by Worldwide Wake Leadership Team and be dedicated 100% to WWW during the time frame listed above.
- With a PA partner, oversee a small group of six to eight first-year students throughout the pre-orientation experience, which includes “get to know you” ice breakers, discussions, presentations, free time, and team activities including “Global Challenges.”
- Spark conversation and establish a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere within your small group and Worldwide Wake as a whole.
- Provide advice and personal insight to students about life at Wake Forest.
- Serve as a mentor to students in your small group and remain in contact throughout the fall semester.
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
Questions? Contact Sandra McMullen at email@example.com or a member of the Leadership Team: Chloe Beatty and Ishani Kumbar.