Undergraduate Student Stipends for Participation
in Global Conferences/Activities
Deadline: October 25, 2019
Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply for funds to participate in a variety of global activities during the spring or summer of 2020. (Note: An additional call for applications will be made in the spring for summer or fall of 2021.) These activities may include participation in (i.e., presenting a paper or attending): an international conference; a domestic conference with a global focus and attendees; or a workshop or other activity with a global focus and participants.
Students should submit:
- A statement of interest explaining how the conference/workshop/activity will enhance their educational experience and global understanding.
- A detailed description and dates of the conference/workshop/activity.
- A recent (unofficial) transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from a WFU faculty/staff member.
- A detailed budget request for the conference/workshop/activity.
- A description of any other funding for which they have applied in association with the prospective conference/activity.
Please note that these funds are not designed to support internships, service trips, or study abroad programs. Also, note that an evaluation/results report is due one month after the conference/workshop/activity ends.
Please send all proposals to Dr. Kline Harrison, Associate Provost for Global Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or c/o the Provost’s Office. A committee will make the final selection.
If you have any questions, please contact Associate Provost Harrison at the above e-mail address or at x4907.