For students on the Reynolda Campus, approval for CPT is granted by ISSS (International Student & Scholar Services).
STEP 1: Obtain offer of employment. Make sure the offer letter is printed on official letter head from the employer. The letter must contain the following:
- Brief description of employment
- Name and telephone number of immediate supervisor
- Address of place where student will be working
- Estimated number of hours per week
- Employment start date
- Employment end date
STEP 2: Student must meet with his/her academic advisor to complete the CPT advisor consent form. The advisor will review the offer letter to confirm that the proposed employment is integral to the student’s course of study and that course credit will be earned upon successful completion of the curricular training (or that an internship component is required for all students pursuing the degree).
STEP 3: Once all necessary documentation is received, all CPT applicants must bring the following documents to ISSS before beginning employment:
- Completed Adviser Consent/Confirmation Form
- Letter from employer: The letter must contain all information listed in step 1 above or ISSS will be unable to authorize CPT.
A new I-20 form will then be processed with the dates of the approved period of CPT on page 2.