For returning F-1 & J-1 international students only.
Undergraduate Students: If you wish to seek re-admission or resumption, you must first contact the Office of Academic Advising.
Graduate Students: If you wish to seek re-admission or resumption, please contact your program directly to ask about your eligibility to enroll in the upcoming semester.
IMPORTANT: To ensure enough time to receive your documents, international students in F-1 or J-1 visa status must allow a minimum of 60 days from the date of re-admission/resumption to return to WFU and begin classes. This is ncecssary to allow adequate time to re-issue a new I-20 and apply for a new F-1 or J-1 visa.
Returning to WFU
Please complete the below form with the appropriate documents and submit it to the International Students & Scholars division (ISS) AFTER you have been re-admitted to Wake Forest University. Once ISS receives a copy of your re-admission letter, this form, and new financial documents, an I-20 or DS-2019 from will be issued to you.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for ISS to issue the new I-20 or DS-2019 form, and an additional 1-2 weeks to receive it in the mail.
- F-1 students: Once you receive the I-20, you must pay the SEVIS fee and apply for a new F-1 visa. However, if your current F-1 visa is valid and you have been outside the U.S. for less than 5 months, you may use your current visa to re-enter the U.S. on the newly issued I-20.
CHECK-IN REMINDER: Once you are issued an I-20 or DS-2019 from Wake Forest, you must report to ISS (Reynolda 116) within 10 days of your program start date. Please bring the following original documents, AND ONE PHOTOCOPY of each document (if possible) with you to check-in:
- F or J Visa Stamp (in passport)
- Form I-20 or Form DS-2019
- Form I-94: print from cbp.gov/i94 after you arrive in the U.S.
- Completed Check-In-Form