Global Laureates Academy
The Global Laureates Academy is a network of faculty, staff and students who aim to make an impact on the Wake Forest University community by exploring topics and challenges associated with the 5 global learning threads.
- Intercultural Inquiry: Interpret global events, values, and practices from multiple cultural perspectives.
- Self Awareness: Explain how their own perspectives and experiences influence their understanding of other cultures.
- Community Interaction: Collaborate across diverse cultures and settings to address complex global challenges.
- Intercultural Communication: Negotiate intercultural interactions using appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Global Responsibility: Formulate solutions to global challenges through informed decision-making and reflection.
After participating in a series of seminars and workshops, members will address a variety of challenges through collaborative capstone projects aimed at increasing our global campus community.
Faculty, staff and students may apply in the fall semester every year. Completion of the GLA will take 4 semesters, and includes both collaborative and independent learning. Collaboratively, each cohort will engage in a series of seminars that address current topics and challenges facing the WF community. Independently, members will attend and reflect on 5 workshops that address each of the 5 global learning threads. Self selected small groups then propose and implement a capstone project that will impact and benefit our global campus community. The program concludes with a presentation of each project at the annual WISE conference or other campus-wide event.