FOR Faculty/Staff Led Groups with Student Participants NOT FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT:
Wake Forest University requires all faculty or staff-led groups involving student participants NOT FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT to complete the forms listed below. This includes programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level for group travel, research, campus recreation, international service trips and athletic team travel. The requirement extends to the Schools of Business, Divinity and Law, and the Graduate School (Reynolda Campus ONLY).
All Group leaders must provide all required forms and information to the Center for Global Programs and Studies (GPS) before any funds for international travel will be disbursed by Wake Forest University.
- Submit the GROUP Travel Information Form for Faculty/Staff Led Groups with Student Participants NOT FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT.
- Submit the Guidelines for Faculty/Staff Directors (PDF). If there is more than one group leader, both must complete this form.
- Submit the Faculty/Staff Assumption of Risk & Release Form. If traveling with another person (e.g. spouse or child), the form called Assumption of Risk & Release – OTHER Travelers (PDF) must be completed for each additional person.
- Submit to GPS a list of your group participants. The list must include each student’s full name (first, middle and last), student ID and e-mail address.
- Submit to GPS a copy of your program itinerary with contact information.
- Purchase GeoBlue International Travel Insurance (mandatory). The cost of GeoBlue insurance depends on the length of time abroad. The GeoBlue Price Grid provides cost information. Here is the detailed description of the policy: GeoBlue Policy. Complete the GeoBlue Registration Template and send to GPS in 116 Reynolda Hall or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure each of your student participants completes the Student Assumption of Risk and Release Form and the Student Health Questionnaire (PDF) (group participants do not need to do the Individual Travel form).
- Contact GPS to arrange for an international security briefing for the group. Call 758-5938 or email email@example.com.
Once the complete set of Group Leader forms has been received in GPS, the forms will be filed with Financial & Accounting Services (FAS) who will then be able to process any reimbursements.
If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Global Programs and Studies at 758-5938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.