Do I need to submit the INDIVIDUAL International Travel Forms?
Wake Forest University requires all Reynolda Campus faculty and staff undertaking University-sponsored international travel (as defined in the International Travel Policy) to complete the forms below. If you have a grant that is being handled through the WFU grants office, then you must also complete this process).
- Individuals must provide all required forms and information to the Center for Global Programs and Studies (GPS) before any funds for international travel will be disbursed by Wake Forest University.
- All required forms and information must be submitted at least one (1) month before individual travel begins.
- Submit the INDIVIDUAL Faculty/Staff International Travel Form.
- Submit the Faculty/Staff Assumption of Risk & Release Form (PDF). If traveling with another person (e.g. spouse or child), the form called Assumption of Risk & Release – OTHER Travelers (PDF) must be completed for each additional person.
- Purchase the mandatory International Travel Insurance. Faculty and staff may choose either GeoBlue ($23.80/week) or iNext ($33.00/364-day maximum). The former is more comprehensive while the latter is more supplemental. Both policies are single trip plans only. Neither policy will cover expenses in the U.S.A. or your home country (for non-U.S. citizens). You may compare the policies by reviewing the GeoBlue Member Guide and the iNext Basic Supplemental Plan.
Applications for each policy can be accessed via the following links:
Dependents of faculty and staff who opt for the GeoBlue international health insurance should complete the GeoBlue Application Form for Dependents (PDF). The 2023-24 rates are as follows:
Weekly Rates 0-74 Years of Age
Weekly Rates 75+ Years of Age
WFU prohibits travel to countries where the U.S. Department of State has Travel Advisories of Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) and Level 4 (Do Not Travel) unless prior approval has been obtained from GPS. A current list of travel advisories is available at http://travel.state.gov/. Faculty, staff and students may submit a request to travel to a country with a designated Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or Level 4 (Do Not Travel), but should be aware that such requests require additional time for review and that each application is considered on its own merits.
If you have any questions, please contact GPS at 336-758-5938.