Individual Faculty or Staff Traveler

Do I need to submit the INDIVIDUAL International Travel Forms?

Wake Forest University requires all Reynolda Campus faculty and staff traveling abroad on Wake Forest funds to complete the forms below. This includes all individuals who work on Reynolda Campus and who travel to any international conference or research site that is funded through Wake Forest. (If your grant is being handled through the WFU grants office, you must complete this process). Individuals must provide all required forms and information to the Center for Global Programs and Studies (GPS) before any funds for international travel will be disbursed by Wake Forest University.  All required forms and information must be submitted to the Center for Global Programs and Studies at least one (1) month before individual travel begins.

WFU prohibits travel to countries where the U.S. Department of State has Travel Advisories of Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) and Level 4 (Do Not Travel) unless prior approval has been obtained from GPS. A current list of travel advisories is available at Faculty, staff and students may submit a request to travel to a country with a designated Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or Level 4 (Do Not Travel), but should be aware that such requests require additional time for review and that each application is considered on its own merits.

If you have any questions, please contact GPS at 336-758-5938.


  1. Submit the INDIVIDUAL Faculty/Staff International Travel Form.
  2. Submit the Faculty/Staff Assumption of Risk & Release Form. If traveling with another person (e.g. spouse or child), the form called Assumption of Risk & Release – OTHER Travelers (PDF) must be completed for each additional person.
  3. Purchase the International Travel Insurance (mandatory). Faculty and staff may choose either GeoBlue ($16.75/week) or iNext ($28.00/180 days of coverage). The former is more comprehensive while the latter is more supplemental. Neither policy will cover expenses in the U.S.A. or your home country (for non-U.S. citizens).  You may compare the policies by reviewing the GeoBlue Member Guide and the iNext Basic Supplemental Plan. Applications for each policy can be accessed via the following links:
    – GeoBlue Application Form for Faculty/Staff
    – iNext Application

    Dependents of faculty and staff who opt for the GeoBlue international health insurance should complete the GeoBlue Application Form for Dependents.

Once the complete set of forms listed above has been received by GPS, they will be filed with Financial & Accounting Services (FAS) who will then be able to process any reimbursements.