Do I need to submit the INDIVIDUAL International Travel Forms?
Wake Forest University requires all Reynolda Campus students undertaking University-sponsored international travel (as defined in the International Travel Policy) to complete the forms below. This includes students traveling to any international conference, research trip, or service trip for which they have received a scholarship or grant paid by or through Wake Forest. NOTE: Students participating on WFU-approved study abroad programs (WFU-administered and Affiliate) do not have to submit these forms as their process is handled in the WakeAbroad portal.
- Individual student travelers must provide all required forms and information to the Center for Global Programs and Studies (GPS) before any funds for international travel will be disbursed/reimbursed by Wake Forest University.
- All required forms and information must be submitted to GPS at least one (1) month before individual travel begins.
- Submit the INDIVIDUAL Student International Travel Form.
- Submit the Student Assumption of Risk and Release Form. If you plan to travel with another person (e.g. spouse or child), the form called Assumption of Risk & Release – OTHER Travelers (PDF) must be completed for each additional person.
- Submit the Student Health Questionnaire (PDF).
- Submit the GeoBlue Application Form for Students. This purchase of international health insurance is mandatory. Complete details can be found at the following links: GeoBlue Member Guide and GeoBlue Price Grid.
NOTE: Students participating in a WFU-administered study abroad program will have the GeoBlue policy included in their study abroad program costs. This requirement will be waived for WFU students participating in an Affiliate study abroad program that has insurance coverage equivalent to the GeoBlue policy.
Attend an international security briefing. Contact GPS at 336-758-5938 for more information.
Once the completed forms have been received by GPS, they will be filed with Financial & Accounting Services (FAS) who will then be able to process claims for reimbursements and release of scholarships, grants, etc.
Unless prior approval/authorization has been obtained from GPS, WFU does not allow travel to countries where the U.S. Department of State has Travel Advisories of Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or Level 4 (Do Not Travel). A current list of travel advisories is available at http://travel.state.gov/. Faculty, staff and students may submit a request to travel to a country with a designated Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or Level 4 (Do Not Travel), but should be aware that such requests require additional time for review and that each application is considered on its own merits.
If you have any questions, please contact GPS at 336-758-5938.