2023 Registration Closed
WISE Conference 2023
|Fri. & Sat., February 3-4 | Wake Forest University|
|Registration – Priority |
Rate Applies until December 14, 2022
|Registration – Regular |
Rate Applies December 15, 2022 – January 25, 2023
|Registration – Student |
Rate Applies until January 25, 2023;
email firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code.
Students are encouraged to apply for a grant (see below).
Pre-Conference Workshops 2023
|Thursday, February 2 | 1:00 – 5:00 pm|
WFU Brookstown Inn | downtown Winston-Salem, NC
|Designing a Bridge to Leverage Intercultural|
Competency and JEDI in Practice
with Christina Thompson, Daniel F. Diaz, Kory
Saunders, Rich Kurtzman
|Ramping Up from Theory to Facilitation |
with Annette Benson and Aletha Stahl, PhD
|An Enriched Teaching Toolkit: Maximizing |
Critical Reflection in Education Abroad
with Mary F. Price, PhD
What Your Registration Includes
General Conference registration for Friday and Saturday, February 3-4, includes lunch and coffee breaks both days, plus a conference reception. Coffee/tea and snacks will be served during morning and afternoon breaks.
Pre-conference workshop registration includes lunch and afternoon coffee break/snacks on Thursday, February 2.
Grants & Invoices
- In alignment with Wake Forest University’s commitment to cultivate an inclusive environment and to support perspectives from multiple areas, financial support is designated for the WISE Conference through full & partial conference registration grants, which cover only the cost of registration for the general WISE Conference or a Pre-Conference Workshop. Grant recipients and/or their institution are responsible for all other costs related to the conference (travel, non-included meals, accommodations, incidentals). It is best to register for WISE after you receive a decision about your grant application.
- If your institution/organization has six or more attendees participating in WISE 2023, we offer one complimentary registration to someone from your institution. We are also able to provide an invoice for registration costs. Contact email@example.com for details.
Changes or Refunds
To make changes after completing your registration, please revisit the registration link and enter your confirmation number to proceed. If you have forgotten your confirmation number, simply revisit our registration site and submit a request to have it resent to you. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-758-5938.
If you need to cancel your registration, please revisit the registration link and enter your confirmation number to proceed. Refunds for withdrawal from the Pre-Conference Workshops and/or General Conference will be made based on this schedule:
- Requests made on or before January 11, 2023: Registration and workshop fees will be refunded 85%
- Requests made January 12 – 20, 2023: Registration and workshop fees will be refunded 70%
- Beginning January 21, 2023: No refunds made
- If WISE Conference 2023 cancels due to local public health concerns, registrants will receive a 100% refund of payment.
- WISE does not reimburse for individual travel and lodging expenses incurred in conjunction with the conference.
Eligible credit card refunds will be processed within 72 business hours after receipt. For eligible check refunds, please allow up to 45 business days for processing.
Conference registration does not include accommodations.
A list of local hotels offering WISE rates are posted on the Hotel Information page for attendees’ convenience. Hotel partners will be added as arrangements are finalized.
WFU EMPLOYEE COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATION
Wake Forest University and Wake Forest School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students receive complimentary registration to the WISE Conference on February 3-4; however, WFU participants must register through the WISE Cvent site using their Wake Forest email address.
If you can only attend one day, contact email@example.com for a code to use during registration; this will help for meal planning purposes.
Pre-conference workshops on February 2, 2023, are not included in the complimentary registration for Wake Forest University attendees. WFU personnel are welcome to register for the enriching pre-conference workshops at their own or approved departmental expense. A limited number of grants (see tab above) are available for WFU faculty/staff to attend a pre-conference workshop. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to apply.
For billing to your WFU department, request an invoice code by emailing email@example.com.